top of page

New Zealand Music Competition

Competition Postponed!

Dear Parents and Teachers,

As you will now be aware, it was announced today (Jan.24) that there is a new community transmission case of COVID-19 in Northland. Given the seriousness and unpredictability of the situation, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the competition until further notice. While we have worked whole-heartedly for the upcoming events and have been looking forward to meeting you all this week, we feel that this is the best decision for the children involved. We also do not want anyone to feel concern about meeting us or congregating together in these uncertain circumstances.

We have worked hard to be fully prepared for the competition in Christchurch this week and we understand that you have also spent a great deal of time and effort preparing for the competition. As an alternative option, we could offer online lessons and/or workshops, if you would be interested. Otherwise, we are prepared to take the financial loss and offer a full refund for all payments made.

We have been looking forward immensely to bringing this competition to Christchurch but feel that postponing the competition is the most responsible decision under the current circumstances.

We appreciate your understanding and hope to meet you all soon.

Kia kaha!


bottom of page